Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!!! I could seriously eat breakfast twice a day, between protein shakes, french toast, cereal, scrambled eggs, pancake and waffles. Waffles are my total downfall, which is why it’s probably a good thing that I don’t own a waffle maker. My next love would be a tie between protein shakes and pancakes. I struggled for the longest times making pancakes from scratch. After many trials and errors, I can actually say I am all about making them from scratch, which is not always a good thing. In the past I have bought many box mix pancakes from Trader Joe’s, which my favorites would be their coconut and pumpkin. So after playing with pumpkin recipes, I finally came up with one that is a winner in our household. Jimmy loves them and he doesn’t have an obsession with pumpkin like I do. So with it being the weekend, I hope you make these little gems this weekend and have a wonderful breakfast with your family. Of course don’t forget to cook the bacon too.
Wishing you a day full of love, laughter, sunshine and sweetness.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP baking soda
- ½ TSP salt
- 2 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ Cup canned pumpkin (not the pie mix)
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 3 TBSP dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- ⅔ Cup milk (I used 2%)
- In large bowl whisk flours, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
- In medium bowl or blender, mix milk, pumpkin, vanilla and egg, until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until almost combined.
- Add melted butter and mix until just combined.
- Let pancake mixtures sit for minutes.
- While the pancake mixture is sitting, heat skillet or griddle on medium heat with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour pancake batter onto hot skillet or griddle.
- Once the center starts to bubble, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.