One of my favorite restaurants is Craft Public House and they make this maple bacon chicken salad, which I just love. So this meal is inspired by them. I have no idea how they make their chicken, but I do know it is juicy and delicious and that was my goal for this chicken. I eat a lot of salads for dinner, because it’s all about balance. One thing about salad is that I have to make sure it is gonna fill me. So for a little extra filling I am adding walnuts and cranberries to this salad. I actually think the dried cranberries from Trader Joes are the best out there, they aren’t super sweet. If you don’t like walnuts you can definitely substitute them for almonds or pecans. I am not a huge salad dressing person that is why I just love olive oil spray and a good balsamic with everything bagel seasoning. One thing I will say is that you need to invest in a good balsamic. There are some great stores that sell flavor olive oils and balsamic vinegars. There’s one by my sisters house in NJ that I just love and their maple balsamic is my favorite. This salad is a go to meal for us in my kitchen. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Happy Cooking 💕
- 4 small to medium fresh chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup four
- 4 tbsp of butter
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- Spring mix salad (I get mine from Aldi)
- Olive oil spray
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Maple balsamic vinegar or mix 1 tsp maple syrup with the balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, maple syrup, soy sauce and crushed garlic, set aside.
- Trim chicken if needed, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in flour
- Place 3 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium high heat
- Place chicken in a skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the last tbsp of butter to skillet and turn heat down to medium, slowly pour the balsamic sauce in the skillet, takes about 10 minutes to cook
- While the chicken is cooking, make your salad
- In a bowl place your salad, spray with olive oil spray. Shake everything bagel seasoning, sprinkle cranberries and walnuts on the salad, drizzle balsamic vinegar on top of the salad.
- Add 1 chicken breasts per salad.