I don’t know about you, but breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. While I love protein shakes and usually have them everyday for breakfast, I do love a good donut. A few years ago, I decided to tackle baking homemade donuts. So here is one of my favorite donut recipes. I hope you enjoy making them and sharing them with your family.
- 1 ¾ Cup all purpose flour
- ¼ Cup brown Sugar
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP salt
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- ¼ TSP nutmeg
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ Cup milk room temperature
- ¼ Cup Greek yogurt room temperature
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP melted unsalted butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 TSP cinnamon
- ½ Cup melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray 10 cavities of 2 donut pans with Pam and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk milk, yogurt, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, mix until almost combined.
- Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Pour donut mixture into 10 cavities.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- While donuts are baking prepare the topping.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Let cool for a few minutes, before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- Place the cooling rack over a piece of parchment, it will make cleaning up easier.
- Dip each donut in melted butter, making sure both sides get butter on them, then dip donut into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Donuts stay fresh for 2 days.
- Donuts can be frozen up to two months.