I used to have a love for cinnamon rolls but they are so heavy and honestly just way to sweet for for me. That’s why I love this cinnamon roll cake. It’s the perfect breakfast cake for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s so easy to make and it will be a family favorite.
Makes 12 equal servings
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 5 TBSP Water or Milk
- ½ TSP Vanilla
If you want to do a maple glaze 3 tbsp of maple syrup and 1-2 tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cinnamon filling
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add soften butter you can use a hand mixer, forks or your fingers, set aside.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking powder
- In small bowl mix eggs, vanilla and milk
- Add wet mixture into flour mixture until combined
- Mix in melted butter, be careful not to over mi
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan
- Drop cinnamon filling over cake mixture evenly.
- Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan (but only inserting it in the cake mix a little – not all the way).
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients together. Drizzle over
Wrap cake tightly and it will stay fresh for three days. Cake can be frozen for 2 months