This chocolate scone recipe was the first scone recipe I actually loved. I have always felt scones were dry and lacked taste. This scone is not dry and is full of flavor.
- 2 ½ Cups all purpose flour leveled
- ¼ Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 2 TSP baking powder
- ½ TSP salt
- ½ Cup cold unsalted butter cubed
- ½ Cup buttermilk cold
- ⅓ Cup Daisy Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 large egg cold
- 2 TPS vanilla extract
- ¾ Cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 375 degress
- Line 2 cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Grate butter into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl mix buttermilk, egg, vanilla and yogurt
- Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, until the dough is just barely dry.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Smaller scone shakes for 12-14 minutes.
- Larger scones bake for 16-18 minutes.