One of the first things I learned to make when I was a kid was Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies. So I thought one of the first recipes I wanted to come up with was my own chocolate chip cookie recipe, it has been tweaked a few times through the years, however this latest recipe is to stay!
(Yields: approximately 24)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar (or 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar and ½ Cup Sugar)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ TSP Kahlua
- 2 ⅓ Cups All Purpose FLour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Cornstarch
- ½ TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Ghirardelli 60% Chocolate Chips or chocolate chips of your choice.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter until slightly brown, you will smell a nutty aroma.
- Let the butter cool for 5 minutes .
- Whisk in brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and Kahlua and whisk until combined.
- Add room temperature eggs one at a time, make sure each one is incorporated.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients,
- Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a small scoop, place cookies 2″ apart on a cookie tray, bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Place the tray on a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk or wine.