Banana Bread is one of my favorite things to make. I think this because I made this all the time growing up with my mom. This recipe is inspired by my mom and my sister Deb.
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP salt
- ½ TSP cinnamon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or Daisy sour cream
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- ½ cup chocolate chips optional
- ½ cup Nutella optional
- Preheat oven 350. Grease 5″x12 bread pan with Crisco or spray with cooking spray
- In mixing bowl cream butter for 2 minutes on medium speed or until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and mix for another 2 minutes, making sure to scrape down sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add bananas and mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, making sure each one is incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix for 30 seconds
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture just until combined.
- Add in Greek yogurt/sour cream and mix for 1 minute. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans or walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a well greased pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Check for doneness at 55 minutes. Each oven and pan are different, so it might not take as long or take longer than 60 minutes. Bread is done when the toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on the rack before removing bread from the pan.