About five years ago I first tried an Acai Bowl from my favorite restaurant in San Juan. And since then I have been such a fan of them, okay maybe I am obsessed with them. In our area we have a food truck called Buoy Bowls and I just love them. They make the best ones out there. So this bowl is based off my favorite bowl from there and the restaurant in San Juan. One thing about these bowls is that they fill me!!! I love having them for lunch when I am going to be doing an afternoon workout. I use Arbonne protein powder, because it is plant based. I get my acai from Trader Joes or my local grocery store. I usually use frozen strawberries or blueberries. You can use frozen bananas or even raspberries.
- 1 packet of organic frozen acai
- 1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries and or bananas)
- ⅓-½ cup almond milk
- 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
- 2 scoops of vanilla Arbonne protein powder (1 scoop of your favorite protein powder)
- Fresh fruit
- Organic honey
- Organic granola
- Run the acai under hot water for a couple of minutes, to help break it up in the package.
- In a blender put ⅓ cup of milk and acai, blend.
- Add the frozen fruit, protein powder and peanut butter and blend, add the additional milk if needed.
- Pour acai mixture into a bowl.
- Topped with fresh fruit, honey and granola.